What fun! The SXSW conversation format is quite cool, though it really needs a dedicated space as our group size was limited by how far voices carried.
Drop a line in the comments if we promised to follow up on something I haven't posted. This is a work in progress, so check back if there are some empty items when you visit.
References during the chat
- Common Industry Format for usability testing, from NIST, now an ISO standard.
- Net Promoter - Would you recommend this product to others?
- Subjective Duration Assessment: A nice metric sensitive to both good and bad experience.
- Scrutinizer Browser: Simulation of vision in a web browser
- TechSmith, maker of tools for usability testing, is in the tradeshow here at SXSW.
- Web Analytics Yahoo Group is a solid mailing list, moderate volume, with an awesome depth of industry practitioners.
- A composite engagement metric from Eric Peterson
- my Google Analytics resouces page
- Exp-Platform Publications: From the testing team at MSFT.
Thanks to everyone who participated, and to Micah for bringing me along.